SPUR Raffle Official Rules
OFFICIAL RULES (the “Rules”) for the “SPUR” Raffle (the “Raffle”). 100% of Net proceeds of this Raffle will benefit SPUR, Inc., a not for profit organization dedicated to making volunteering at any age easy by providing accessible opportunities that meet the tangible needs of the community. We offer a variety of thoughtful and flexible engagement opportunities which result in rewarding volunteer experiences and measurable community impact. Through our dynamic service-learning initiative, we equip the youngest members of our community with tools to identify problems, cultivate an innate response to community needs, and develop as future change-makers. We SPUR others on to action, embracing the notion that we can make positive change when we all work together to make a difference.
Drawing Date: Thursday, February 15, 2024 - Approx. 7:00pm – Location SPUR Office, 6 Anderson Street, Marblehead, MA
Ticket Price: $5.00 per ticket, five (5) tickets for $20.00 If a minimum of 500 tickets are not sold, SPUR reserves the right to restrict travel to departure from Boston, MA to any destination (USA and Caribbean). Dinner and Hotel restrictions will apply as outlined below. The odds of winning depend on the total number of tickets sold.
Round trip economy-class airplane tickets for two (2) persons originating from a major hub airport of winner’s choice within the continental United States (the “Origination City”) to a major hub airport of the domestic or international city of winner’s choice (the “Destination City”).
Hotel accommodations for two (2) persons for at a hotel mutually agreed upon by SPUR and winner in winner’s Destination City
Excursions and tours for two (2) persons for mutually agreed upon activities by SPUR and winner in winner’s Destination City
Other travel, meals, additional nights, guests and all other expenses not specifically stated are the sole responsibility of winner.
2.The Prize is subject to the following restrictions:
Total value of all travel arrangements, including airline tickets, hotel, and excursions, may not exceed $4,000 USD.
Air travel must commence from a major hub airport and will be awarded if ticketed through SPUR’s official travel agent, Stone & Compass. Blackout dates, or other restrictions, may apply.
Winner may request travel departure and return dates and SPUR and its official travel agent shall use reasonable efforts to accommodate winner’s request.
Hotel accommodations will be booked and pre-paid, including taxes, by SPUR’s official travel agent, Stone & Compass. The winner may be required to provide a credit card to the hotel for incidentals and any charges in excess of the Maximum Amount).
Winner may request a specific hotel and SPUR and its official travel agent shall use reasonable efforts to accommodate winner’s request.
Winner is responsible for transport to and from airports in the Origination City and the Destination City and all incidentals associated with travel and hotel accommodations.
Travel and accommodations must be booked a minimum of eight (8) weeks in advance of travel.
No cash equivalent if any funds go unused.
Once airline and/or hotel reservations are ticketed and paid for winner is solely responsible for charges associated with any changes, for any reason, to the itinerary confirmed by SPUR’s official travel agent. Travel, accommodations and dinner must be used together and are valid until March 1, 2025.
Winner and his/her traveling companion must possess all required travel documents prior to departure.
3. Raffle tickets can be purchased online at spurnorthshore.org, at the SPUR offices, or from any individual designated by SPUR. Raffle ticket sales at the SPUR office will be Monday – Friday from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. All raffle ticket sales will be from January 10 – February 14, 2023. Winner will be determined by a random drawing on February 15, 2024 at approximately 7:00pm at the SPUR offices at 6 Anderson Street, Marblehead. Entrant does not need to be present to win. SPUR will notify the winner, who will be announced as the winner contingent upon verification of winner’s eligibility and compliance with the Rules of the Raffle.
4. Check or money orders should be made payable to SPUR, Inc.. If an entrant’s check is dishonored by the bank, the entry will be declared invalid unless full payment is made prior to the drawing.
5. Any taxes on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Purchasers of Raffle tickets acknowledge that the IRS, and applicable state taxing authorities, treats prize winnings as ordinary income for tax purposes and that the winner is responsible for payment of any and all taxes related to his or her winnings.
6. The Internal Revenue Service takes the position that no portion of the Raffle ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for income tax purposes.
7. Purchasers of Raffle tickets must be 18 years of age or older. The winner may not give, sell, or otherwise transfer the Prize to anyone else without the express written consent of the SPUR.
8. In order to maximize the proceeds from the Raffle, SPUR board members, volunteers, friends, family, spouses and siblings are eligible to participate in the Raffle and win the Prize, notwithstanding any participation in the operation of this Raffle.
9. The approximate value of the tangible prizes (e.g., as applicable, hotel, travel tickets, dinner, taxes, etc.) is $4,000. Except as otherwise stated herein, the Prize may not be assigned or transferred.
10. Winner is required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release. Failure to sign and return any documents in a timely fashion, or if prize is returned as non-deliverable, may result in prize forfeiture and selection of another winner.
11. By participating in the Raffle and accepting the Prize, winner, and/or its assignees if the Prize is assigned pursuant to the conditions identified herein, release SPUR, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective directors, officers, agents, employees and representatives from any and all liability and agrees to hold them harmless from any liability for any damages, injury or loss, including death, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or participation in a Prize related activity.
12. By accepting the Prize, winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph, video, voice, signature and any likeness for advertising or publicity purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to the winner, provided same are true, relating to SPUR, SPUR’s services or this Raffle and any and all rights to said use without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
13. Substitutions or modifications of the prize shall not be permitted. The decision of SPUR shall be final on all matters concerning the Raffle.
14. This Raffle is being held pursuant to a raffle permit issued by the town of Marblehead, MA, in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. A copy of the raffle license may be obtained from Marblehead Town Hall or the SPUR offices.
15. Void where prohibited by law.